If, for one reason or the other, you would like to change your course or institution to another one and you don’t know how to go about it, then you are in the right place. Previously we showed you how to what to do step after seeing your JAMB score. We hope you took those advices seriously. The JAMB change of course and institution for 2021 commenced some weeks ago but several candidates still don’t know how to go about the process.
In this article, we will you how to go about changing your course, your institution and correction of data.
Why candidates change their courses or institutions
Below are several reasons a UTME candidate will decide to change his/her course or institution.
- Low UTME score can prompt a student to switch course/school especially if they score below the cut off mark.
- Misspelling of Names, wrong Date of Births, new home address and so on.
- The candidate is probably interested in a new course or institution.
- It could also be that there was a mistake during course/institution selection during registration.
Courses and Institutions are not the only information that a candidate can change. You can also correct your Bio-data which include your name, date of birth, gender, State and Local Government of origin.
How to change your Course and Institution
There are two major ways to go about it
- Go to an accredited center or JAMB office (Recommended)
This is the easiest way to change your JAMB information. Just walk into any JAMB accredited center or even JAMB office and allow the staffs handle things for you. You may go to the same center you initially did the registration.
The process costs N2,500 only and can only be done online.
Note: The N2500 does not include the service fee by an accredited centre.
- Register it yourself
We do not recommend this method, but if you are the type of person who loves to do things themselves, then continue reading.
- The first step is to log into your jamb profile.
- Next step is to open the menu tab on your jamb profile
- Click on Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data
- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online via JAMB portal or pay to the bank bank. We recommend that you pay to the bank, which is the easier option. Note that the bank will charge you an extra N100.
- The final step is to proceed to a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process.
NOTE: JAMB encourages candidates to do their 2021 change of course and institution at an accredited centre rather than share their vital information with fraudsters, cybercafé and tutorial centres.
Questions you may have about correction of data
Yes, as we have mentioned earlier, you can easily let them handle everything for you.
Unfortunately, you cannot do that. Once you submit, that is the end. Correction of data can only be done once
The N2500 is a one-time payment to change everything
No, you can only register at an accredited centre