Do you want to learn how to check admission status on the JAMB portal?
One of the biggest mistakes students make is thinking their school of choice will release an admission list for them. They therefore completely ignore the need to access the JAMB CAPS.
The truth is that JAMB is now in control of everything. In other words, candidates must accept their admission offer through the JAMB CAPS, or else, they will forfeit it. However, before confirming your admission, you must constantly be checking your admission status.
What is Admission Status?
Admission Status is a term used to refer to your position or state with respect to admission. This is almost synonymous with your relationship status: You are either single or married. Clear enough?
So, when it comes to admission status, you are either admitted or not. This is where JAMB comes in.
Why check admission status on JAMB?
The answer is simple. A lot of Universities/Polytechnics/Colleges no longer publish names of admitted students on their portals. They have bestowed that responsible on JAMB. It is now JAMB who decides who gets admission on not, based on certain requirements like confirmation of Olevel results, among others.
Simply put, to confirm if you have been offered admission into a recognized institution in Nigeria, you have to go through the JAMB CAPS.
But, this is a good development, right?
Gone are the days when students would have to visit their schools to check if they have been offered admission.
Nowadays though, you only have to check your Admission status with a single click of a button, in less than 10 seconds. And, we have JAMB to thank for creating the CAPS(Central Admission Processing System).
Functions of the JAMB CAPS
- checking of admission status
- uploading and confirmation of O’level results
- viewing/confirmation of biodata
- for accepting/rejecting of admission
How to check admission status on the JAMB CAPS
All mobile phone users should follow these steps using a chrome browser.
- First you need to visit the JAMB E-facility at https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and click on log in.
- Enter your email and password. If you don’t remember your password, click on forgot password and generate a new one. If you don’t have an account at all, then you may want to visit the closest CBT center.
- On the new page, scroll to the bottom and click on Check Admission Status.
- on the next page, click on Check Admission Status once again
If you have not been given admission yet, you will see a message like the one below
What does “Sorry you have not been given admission yet” mean?
It means your school has not started given admission at that time. You will have to check back. Once the news is out that your school is giving admission, you may then return to check your admission status.
What does “Admission in progress” mean?
If you see the “Admission in progress” message, it means your institution has commenced giving admission. In this case, you can hope you get lucky. If your school gives admission based on merit, then you have nothing to worry about.
Can I login to JAMB CAPS with JAMB registration number?
Yes, you can log in with only your JAMB registration number. However, this is only possible with the JAMB CAPS mobile. The JAMB CAPS mobile is available on the google play store. It is trusted by over 100,000 users. This app enables you to access your CAPS using on your JAMB registration number. Additionally, you can accept/reject admission with it.
Can I accept admission without using JAMB CAPS?
Once again, you cannot accept or reject admission without going through JAMB. JAMB now has the final say regarding students’ admission. Candidates who do not accept their admission on the JAMB portal will forfeit their admission for the year.
Why can’t I access my JAMB CAPS?
If you cannot access your JAMB CAPS, then the possible reasons are:
- You have entered a wrong username/password. And if that is the case, you will need to reset your password. Start by clicking on forgot password and then enter your email address. A link to generate a new password will be sent to your mail. Follow this link and create a new password.
- You have not registered your email on the JAMB portal. The solution to this is to visit the nearest CBT center and get it sorted out. It doesn’t take much time and it’s almost free of charge.
Can JAMB offer me two admissions at once?
No, JAMB only offers one admission to each student. The days when students will be given admission in UNILAG, TASUED, and LASPOTECH at the same time are long gone. However, in the event that candidates reject their admission to a particular school on the JAMB CAPS, they will have the opportunity for another.
What happens If I don’t accept admission on the JAMB CAPS?
If you don’t accept your admission on the JAMB CAPS, either intentionally or unknowingly, you are going to miss out on admission for the year.