Are you interested in the Luth School of Health Information Management for 2023/2024 academic session?
Some students may not be aware that the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) offers a variety of schools beyond the School of Nursing. These schools include:
- School Of Nursing
- School of Post-Basic Nursing
- Anaesthetic Technicians
- School of Community Health
- Federal School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Health Information Management (SHIM)
- School of Medical and Psychiatry Social Work
- School of Midwifery
I have already written detailed posts about the other schools at LUTH. For now, let’s focus on the School of Health Information Management. The School of Health Information Management offers two programs: the National Diploma (ND) and the Higher National Diploma (HND). The ND program is a two-year course while HND is three years.
Is the LUTH School of Health Information Management Form Out?
Yes, the form is available and will close in 6 weeks. The examination date will be announced by the management after the registration form closes.
You can either do your registration online or go to LUTH for assistance. For online registration, please follow our procedure in this post.
Requirements for LUTH School of Health Information Management (ND)
The following are the qualifications required for the ND program:
- Olevel Result: a minimum of credit passes in mathematics, English language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You can combine two WAEC, two NECO, or two NABTEB results in no more than two sittings. Note that you can combine WAEC and NECO results but cannot combine NABTEB with any of those two
- Good JAMB Result: For reasons best known to their management, LUTH does not have a specific JAMB cut-off mark for any of their courses. However, it is advisable to have a good score. A minimum of 160 in JAMB is acceptable.
- Entrance Examination: A strong performance in the computer-based entrance examination is essential for admission.
- Age: All applicants must be at least 16 years old at the time of admission.
Requirements for Health Information Management (HND)
The HND has the same entry requirements as the ND, with the following additional requirements: * * A minimum of 12 months of supervised industrial experience
- A lower credit pass in Health Information Management either from LUTH or another reputable school.
- A minimum of 12 months of supervised industrial experience
- Proof of completion of 1 year of Clinical training
How much is LUTH Registration form?
The LUTH registration is 10,000 Naira only for all programs. Payment is strictly online via the Remita platform. Please note that this fee does not include Remita charges.
How to Apply for LUTH Health Information Management Form
The application procedure is fairly easy. Please follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the School of Health Information Management website at https://luth.gov.ng/course/health-info-nd
- Step 2: Click on ‘Apply’ and enter your full name, email address, and phone number on the provided form. Then, click ‘Submit’.
- Step 3: A pop-up will appear with your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code and the amount payable. Click the “Continue to payment” button. You will also receive an email containing your login details, in addition to the pop-up
- Step 4: After closing the pop-up, you will be redirected to the Remita payment page. You will need to pay a total of 10,000 naira, which does not include the Remita charges. Use one of the Remita options to make your payment.
- Step 5: Once your payment is confirmed, you can begin filling out the application form. Please enter all of your details carefully, especially your full name, date of birth, JAMB score, and email address. Upload a clear passport-sized photo of yourself as well as your O-level results and JAMB printout or result.
- Step 6: Submit your form and be sure to print out your bio-data. You will need to go with it to the examination hall.
Note: In addition to other requirements, HND students must submit proof of their National Diploma Certificate in Health Information Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t get an Email?
If you don’t get an email with your login details, please contact the LUTH schools. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t get a response by mail, the address of the school is Ishaga Rd, Idi-Araba, Lagos.
The email is only important if you need to log in again after being logged out.
How much is the LUTH School of Health Information Management School fees?
- ND Program: 258,100 naira
- HND Program: 313,600 naira
Will I See My Entrance Exam Result on the Luth Portal?
Luth does not release the results of its entrance examinations online. In fact, applicants do not receive their results at all. The only way to know if you have been accepted is to wait for the admission list to be released.
Do You Have Past Questions For the Entrance Exam?
Yes, past questions are available for all Luth Programs. Kindly leave a comment to get yours