- Are you a first or second-year undergradudate in any Nigerian tertirary Institution with a CGPA of 2.5 and above on a 5-point scale, or its equivalent?
- Did you sit for the 2021 UTME and scored above 200 and have been offered admission to study in any Nigeria Tertiary institution?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, then you are eligible for the 2021 NNPC/Total National Merit award.
TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited (TEPNL), in collaboration with the National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is promoting academic excellence among Nigerian Undergraduates. The sum of N150,000 will be awarded to candidates annually from the year they are selected till the final year.
The scholarship, which is only available to University undergraduates will close on Saturday, November 20, 2021.
The application is completely free and no applicant should give their money to anyone promising to assist them in winning this scholarship. The selection of applicants will be based on merit.
Eligibility for the 2021 NNPC/Total Scholarship?
The application opportunity is only available to fresh undergraduates and 200 level students. Unfortunately, undergraduates in 300 level and above are not eligible for the award.
The scholarship requires that undergraduates must have a minimum CGPA of 2.50 on a 5-point scale, 3.50 on a 7-point scale, and so on.
First-year undergraduates may not present their CGPA as they will probably have none at the time of application. However, they must present their admission letters to prove they have been offered admission into any Nigerian Institution.
2021 UTME candidates may also apply, as long as they have a minimum score of 200. A lower score is not acceptable. Additionally, applicants must have been offered admission at the time of application.
Who is not eligible for the TotalEnergies Scholarship?
- students who are currently beneficiaries of similar awards from the oil industry.
- Part-Time/Sandwich candidates.
The Scholarship Award
The lucky winners will be receiving the sum of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150,000) annually until their graduating year.
To continue receiving the award for subsequent years, recipients must ensure they maintain a 2.50 CGPA or its equivalent. Otherwise, the sponsors will halt further payments.
How to Apply for the NNPC/Total Scholarship
The application process is entirely online and it is free of charge. All you need to do is follow the procedures below:
- Visit the TotalEnergies Scholarship website at https://scholarships.totalenergiescsredu.ng/
- Scroll to the bottom and click on “Apply”.
- Click on “Click here to register/login”. This will take you to a registration page.
- Enter your full name, your valid email address, and choose a strong password.
- After registration, you will recieve a confirmation link in your inbox. Click this link to activate your account.
- Now, return to the portal and login with email and password.
- You will see a form field, enter all the necessary information, including your address.
- Enter your UTME score, select your University, provide your matriculation number, and so on.
- Select your Faculty, indicate your Institution’s point scale. Is your University using a 5-point, 4-pont or 7-points scale?
- upload the following documents
- a recent and clear photograph of yourself.
- Your Olevel result (WAEC/NECO)
- A level result
- letter of identification from your Local Government/State of Origin
- Admission letter either from your school or from JAMB
- UTME result slip
- 100 level result showing your CGPA
- select a location where you would like to take your test (yes, there is going to be a test).
- go through your application before submitting because it is impossible to modify your application once you submit.
NNPC/Total Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for submission is Saturday, November 20, 2021.
Questions you may have
Questions you may have
Question: Can a Polytechnic student apply for the TotalEnergies Scholarship?
Answer: No, the scholarship is only applicable to University undergraduates.
Question: Can I still apply after the deadline?
Answer: No, unfortunately.
Question: Is there going to be a test for all applicants?
Answer: Yes, there is going to be a test.
If you have further questions , please leave them in the comment.
To study English Past Questions, please click here