The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the November/December NECO GCE external registration.
The examination is starting on November 9 and will end on December 8, 2021. Please download the NECO GCE 2021 timetable right here.
Prospective candidates can register by going to a trusted Cyber Cafe where experts can handle the entire registration process for them.
NECO GCE 2021 Requirement
- Candidates are to present a recent white background photograph. Alternatively, candidates can use a system camera to snap a passport size photograph. A standard Cyber Cafe will make a provision for that.
- Fingerprint capturing during offline registration.
For more information, please visit the NECO external registration website.
- The NECO registration fee is Thirteen Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira(N13,350.00). This is a non-refundable fee. The bank will charge each candidate an additional Fifty naira (N50.00) for stamp duty.
- Candidates who apply within a week after the deadline will pay an extra One Thousand (N1000) Naira for late registration. That is, from 1st of November to 6th of November, 2021.
- Walk-in registration fee is Twenty-five Thousand Naira (N25,000). Walk-in registration is for candidates who wish to register after the close of entries. Such registration must be done 24 hours before the candidate’s first paper/subject.
- Science students and students writing the Mathematics examination are to pay a sum of Two Hundred Naira only (N200) for the purchase of the Four-Figure table.
- Correction of data costs Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira Only (N2500).
To register, log on to the NECO website at www.neco.gov.ng using either your email address or phone number. After signing up, pay into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA). The following payment options are available:
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
To avoid errors, we highly recommend candidates visit a cyber cafe.
The registration started September 9 and will end October 31, 2021. Late registration will attract an extra fee of N1000.
Candidates with special needs
Candidates with visual impairments will register like every other candidate. They must, however, clearly state their disability.
NECO will automatically assign candidates to the Examination state and Local Government Area they fill in their application forms.
Available subjects for the 2021 External NECO GCE Examination
The following subjects are available for registration
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Civic Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Physical Education
- Store Keeping
- Technical Drawing
- Please be sure to collect an original copy of your NECO Photocard or Examination Slip containing your photograph. Ensure it has a clear picture of you, otherwise NECO officials may not allow you sit for the examination.
- Demand for a copy of the NECO GCE 2021 examination timetable after registration.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Click here to find a reputable cyber cafe near you.
- Candidates can go in for the examination with their personal scientifc calculators. However, programmable calculators are not allowed.
- Technical drawing candidates must come with their drawing materials.
- When your registration is completed and uploaded online, you will only have one attempt on correction of data. This is another reason candidates should let professionals handle it for them.
- We encourage candidates to go to their examination center few days to the commencement of the examination to confirm their locations.
- Candidates are to wear face mask in compliance with the Covid-19 rules. No entry for candidateswithout nose mask.
- Phones and other electronic devices will not be allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates that come to the exmination center late, will allowed to enter the hall.
For more information, please follow this link
The National Examination Council (NECO) is the name of the examination body that organizes the NECO GCE. The Examination body conducts two main examinations for senior secondary school students:
- Internal Examination (School examination): Students write this examination in the final year of their Senior Secondary School (S.S.3). Candidates that write this examination are called school candidates
- External Examination (Private examination): This is popularly known as the NECO GCE. We call candidates that write this examination Private Candidates.
Differences between the NECO SSCE Internal and External examination
- External candidates wear mofty while internal candidates wear their respectful school uniforms.
- External candidates register at a registration point cyber cafe while internal students register with their respectful schools
- The external examination is written towards the middle of the year while the internal examination is written around November/December
- 76 subjects are usually examined in the SSCE Internal examination while the external examination has roughly 30 subjects.