The Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is providing the merit-based Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship to candidates who took part in the 2021 UTME and who meet certain academic criteria.
The scholarship has a total value of Forty Million Naira (N40 Million) and it will be distributed among 100 candidates across all 36 states in Nigeria, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja. Hence, at least 2 candidates will win the scholarship from each state.
The aim of the initiative is to encourage diligence excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates.
The winners of the scholarship will receive the award annually for a maximum duration of four (4) years as long as they maintain good grades.
Stanbic IBTC 2021 Scholarship Eligibility.
You can apply for the IBTC Scholarship if you:
- are a citizen of and a resident of Nigeria.
- participated in the 2021 UTME.
- have a minimum score of 250 in the UTME organized by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- have gained admission into Public University in Nigeria. That is, any federal of State University.
- are not ready to provide all relevant admission evidence.
Note: Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC will not award its staff or members of their family the scholarship.
For more information, read the terms and conditions for the Stanbic IBTC University scholarship
Criteria for selection
- Earlier, we said only 100 participants across the nation will be considered for the scholarship. In other words, a minimum of 2 candidates per state.
- Eligible candiates will recieve the scholarship in the order in which they apply. Therefore, the earlier candidates will be considered first.
- The 100 lucky candidates in all 36 states will be notified via the email address they provide.
- All documents submitted by candidates must be valid.
- No age restriction. So, anybody can apply.
Candidates studying the following courses will have an added advantage for the 2021 Stanbic IBTC University scholarship
- Data Science
- Business Analytics
- Information Technology (IT) and so on.
According to Stanbic IBTC, these courses are the “future of work”.
Note: Multiple applications do not guarantee multiple scholarships.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
As stated on the Stanbic IBTC official website, candidates are to provide the following documents for upload:
- a recent Passport Photograph clearly showing your face
- a valid ID Card
- UTME result clearly showing the candidate’s UTME score.
- O’Level ( WAEC, NECO or GCE) result.
- JAMB or University Admission Letter.
Scan the above documents and upload them to the Stanbic IBTC application link below.
Stanbic Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for the application and submission of documents is November 30, 2021.
Eligible candidates who do not have admission letters can still apply and upload relevant documents later. However, they will not be able to submit their application until they successfully upload those documents.
Note: Do not pay money to anyone for this scholarship as the application is totally free. However, if you are using a cyber cafe, you may have to pay for the internet.
If you have any questions, please contact the Stanbic IBTC via their email address at UniversityScholarship@stanbicibtc.com.
General Knowledge: Stanbic IBTC is an acronym for Stanbic Investment Banking & Trust Company Plc. It was founded on February 2, 1989. Read more on Wikipedia