You have probably read or heard from somewhere the importance of uploading your O’level results on the JAMB CAPS. This is true. As a matter of fact, only candidates who have successfully uploaded their WACE/NECO/NABTEB results will be offered admission.
What is JAMB CAPS and what does it do?
The CAPS (Central Admissions Processing System) is an innovation that automates students’ admission. It also offers students the ability to either accept or reject an admission, among other things. As opposed to the days when candidates would visit a school to check their admission status, they can now easily check it right from their mobile phones via the CAPS. Consequently, candidates can check their admission status as many times as they want. Read more about how JAMB CAPS work here
However, one of the requirements for admission is that all candidates must upload their O’level results into the JAMB portal. Otherwise, they will forfeit their admissions, even if they are eligible for it. I hope that is clear enough.
How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB
If you are using Awaiting Result
If you are using ‘awaiting result’, it means you must upload your results on the JAMB portal as soon as you check them. Yes, JAMB gives you the option to use ‘awaiting result’ during registrations, but it never says it would offer you admission with it. You must upload your result before admission.
To do this, visit the nearest accredited CBT center and upload your result. You can also visit the JAMB office as the case may be. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take time at all. Maybe a couple of minutes.
If you have already Uploaded your Result
If you have already uploaded your results during your JAMB registration, I would have said you have nothing to worry about. But I won’t. You need to confirm it! To confirm if your o’level result is already on the JAMB portal, do this:
- log into your JAMB profile by providing your email and password. If you dont remember your password, click on “reset password”.
- after logging in, click on “Check admission status“.
- then on “Access my CAPS“.
- finaly, click on “My O’level Result“. This will confirm if your O’level is uploaded or not. If it is, then you don’t have to do anything except to wait for your admission status. Else, you will need to upload it at a CBT center.
Note: You cannot upload your Olevel result on your JAMB portal at a cyber cafe and neither can you upload it from your personal computer. Only a CBT Center has the authority to do that.
How to reset your JAMB CAPS password
In the event that you don’t remember your JAMB password, don’t panic. Just follow the simple steps below:
- visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
- click on “reset password”.
- on a new page, enter your email address. This is the same email address you signed up with.
- JAMB will send you a new password in your mail box. If you don’t find it, check your spam folder.
- you can then login successfully with this new password. You have now reset your caps password
How to Sign up for JAMB CAPS
While you cannot upload your level results on the JAMB portal by yourself, you can, however, sign up for an account. To do this follow the steps below:
- Visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
- click on “Create an account”
- Enter your email address, your phone number, and choose a password.
- JAMB will send youa confirmation mail in your inbox containing a 10-digit code.
- return to portal and enter this code.
- Enter your details in the form field and submit. Your account has now been created.
Note that you still can’t do much on the JAMB portal until you go to a CBT center. You will provide the 10-digit code that was sent to your inbox and the CBT staff will take it from there
If you have any questions, please drop in the comment below.